Monday 22 June 2009

CanberraRiders Girls Weekend 2009


The second Canberra Riders Girls Weekend was scheduled for 20-21 June 2009 - destination Junee!
A few of the girls had wanted to go to the Monte Cristo haunted house, the chocloate and licorice factory and some rail history museum thingo… so Kathleen and I put our heads together… I organised the people and Leen did everything else - thanks Leen!!!!!
We were set to meet at the Caltex at Gold Creek for a 9am departure… most of us were there except for Lee and Tess… Lee turned up… but no Tess?? Leen being Leen was itching to go, she asked if Tess knew where we were going, I said I don’t think so but I’ll wait for her, try and get her on the phone, etc. and I’d see them at Binalong.  So they all rolled out (after having to bump start Michelle’s R1… she shoulda stuck with a kwaka hahaha) and I tried calling Tess… no answer. 
I hung around at the servo and about ten minutes later Tess called back… the battery in her remote to the garage had died so she couldn’t get to her bike!!!! disaster!  She told me what battery she needed so I got it from the servo and headed out to her place… got there and the bike was out and she was ready to go… she had snuck in when someone else was going in… nice work!  Tess said she would need fuel in about 70km so we headed straight out to the Barton and then onto Yass to fill up.  Tess didn’t know where she was going so I took the lead, warning her that my indicators weren’t working so I’d be using hands and feet :lol:
Figured that the girls would have finished morning tea by then so we skipped the Bowning turn off and took the Binalong turn and rolled straight through Binalong, Harden, Wallendbean and into Cootamundra… crossed the railway, around the corner and we are being waved down by Kim (our tail-ender in the car)… one of Robyn’s friends from Sydney’s harley had dropped the chain… oops.  It was in terrible condition, we asked her when she had last lubed it… she says “Oh I had it serviced a few months ago”… OK.  Luckily it had happened out side some truck shop and two *very* cute boys came and tried to fix it for her… we eventually came to the conclusion that it was completely, totally and utterly fucked… just down the road a bit was a bike shop so arrangements were made to leave the bike there and she would come back for it at a later stage… Tess and I left them there and continued onto Junee.
Got into town, with no idea where the pub actually was, Bec was patiently corner marking (she must have been there for ages) so we stopped with her and waited for Kim to turn up… we went and got fuel then into the pub to find our rooms :)
Then downstairs for the first can of Jimmy =o))))))))
We had lunch then most of the girls wandered off to the haunted house and a few of us opted to stay at the pub and play some truly awful and truly awesome pool!  Eventually the girls came back and the evening progressed….





















It pissed down Saturday night but had stopped by morning though everything was wet.  My flu had come back with a vengence and so I wasn’t feeling very well.  We had a very late start, lined up for a shot under some clock tower and then onto the Chocolate and licorice factory where I left the girls and just headed straight for home, the roads were wet but I didn’t actually get rained on until about Yass where it then rained on me for the rest of the way home.  I stopped at the shops to buy some pumpkin soup and bread rolls and then home at 1pm to get into my trackies and ate my soup on the couch with the heater going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment