Sunday 28 June 2009

A Local Sunday Ride


Kathleen was organising  a little local ride and I asked if I could come tooooooo. 
I had a bit of a bad start… I got caught out by a dream!  Well I figure I must have dreamt it… my chain was heaps loose so I had to adjust it before the ride… well so I thought… I took out the split pin and loosened the axle bolt… wiggled the chain to see how much I should do on the first go… there was nothing wrong with it!  Thought maybe I had a tight spot already (ooops) but nope it was fine.  So I can only assume that I dreamt my chain was heaps loose :lol:  :roll:
Anyway… we met at Watson at 9:30 for a 9:45 departure, Leen, Dazza, Tess, Ant, Fox and myself.  We took Macs Reef Road and then onto Bungendore where we met Nereash and had a coffee (already!!!! LOL).  It was a little grey but meh what the hell, we continued on to Tarago where we saw a bunch of riders on the corner, it was Carl & Co, so I blew ‘em a big kiss before taking off up the road.  From there we did the little back roads that Leen knows, such a change from last time I followed her through there when she was learning them and we had to keep back tracking when we ran into dirt!  But this time she led us through without hesitation, onto Windellama(sp?) and then Bungonia, before taking the backroad through to Goulburn.
We pulled up in Goulburn, it was a bit early for lunch (11:35am) but I yelled TOIIIIIILLLLLLEEEEEEEET so off to the park and THEN we could figure out what we were doing! :lol:
Leen wanted to look at a bike that was in Goulburn so she rang the people up and we all went off to invade these people’s shed while Leen went test riding.  After the ride it was off to a pub for lunch - AWESOME burger (very very messy, but that’s the sign of a good burger, right? :D)
We had a few spots of rain here and there… but nothing much.
Fuelled up after lunch and headed out for backroads through to Breadalbane… saw the most spectacular rainbow along here… it was so bright and you could actually see the end of it!  Didn’t spot any pots of gold though…   Bit more rain along here but that was okay.  )Again, following this stretch of road was much better than last time I had done it as a learner and me and another girl had been left behind and we took the wrong turn somewhere and had to be rescued hahaha).
From Breadalbane the road was more familiar so off over the Cullerin range and into Gunning it really looked like we were going to be in for some weather but I don’t know what happened to it but it all went away (YAY).    The group got separated a bit on the stretch between Gunning and Gundaroo as three of us got caught behind a truck for a bit… stopped in Gundaroo, down a back alley to the “dodgy” cafe (the mug and cup hold the same amount of fluid… but they charge an extra 50 cents for the mug… in case anyone actually reads this and happens to stop in Gundaroo for coffee and thinks to go down a little alleyway for the said coffee…).  Ant left us here, bye Ant!  And the rest of us sat around and chatted for a while before heading for home.
It was a little day in terms of kays, only about 300km I guess, and it took us all day but it was one of the most enjoyable day rides I have had in a long time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment