Tuesday 24 February 2009

PCRA at Wakefield Park 21-22 February 2009


The PCRA crew were racing at Wakefield Park… and Gos was entering!  I had seen Chuck41’s request for flaggies so put my hand up for Sunday only as I was supposed to be working on the Saturday morning.
I ended up not working Saturday morning so had a bit of a sleep in and got up and had a coffee and ooops got stuck into my book a little bit…. ended up hitting Wakefield Park around 11am.  Gos was there and they had had a bit of a shit of the morning with the bike and he had missed the practice session so was going straight into qualifying.  We watched from the pit wall duly cheering him on.  First race, off he goes and comes back with the bike pissing oil everywhere, the cooler line had split.  Bugger.  He had one race to go that afternoon but couldn’t with the bike in that state so they loaded it up and took off, Jimmies in hand, and I followed Stevo back to Canberra.  He pulled over at Tarago “wanna drink?” no need to twist my arm, so a quick u-turn and back to the Loaded Dog for a bourbon (I just had a halfie) and a chat.  Then back to Canberra.  It’s been ages since I did the Tarago Road and it’s not all that exciting.  Smiths Gap was as good as ever thought :o) pity it is so terribly short.
Sunday I was flagging so instead of riding out, I caught a lift out in the Prado with Gos and Mick.  we were on the road about 6:05am and just cruised up to Goulburn.  Just out of Canberra Gos realised he’d left his red folder behind with all his racing docs and his wallet… bugger but MickC was heading out later so an SMS (oh dear) to him and we kept going.  (Of course today there was people on the gates but they let us through anyway).
The bike and related paraphenalia was quickly unloaded, I went over and said gidday to the flaggie people, had to be back by 8:30am so hung out in the pits for a bit longer before heading back over and obtaining my dead sexy fluro orange vest.  There was enough people that  a few of the points had two people, I was paired up with Colin and off we went to Turn 8 (where I had been last time I did this).  It worked good, he did all the radio stuff and I waved the flags.  Practice commenced and when Gos’s turn came around he went… and so was Steve on #64 (whose bike wouldn’t start at all the day before) was cheering to see him out!  Racing commenced and it was all very good :o)  No major incidents, no delays.  Colin had brought some cream biscuits which I helped him to eat :o).  Lunch time came around very quickly, we got a 40 minute lunch break so I collected my lunch and back over to see how Gos and the boys were doing.  Chat chat chat and it was back out. 
Got to see some awesome racing, one dude made an awesome pass right on our corner, fantastic.  Last race of the day and Gos was in that one.  I counted… he was coming 6th!  Awesome!  Lap 2, same, Lap 3, same but someone got past him on our turn so now he was in 7th.  Then #64 had problems and pulled into the little bit of road behind our corner and came and parked with us, then there was a bingle right in front of us so got a bit distracted… by the time I got back to checking where Gos was he wasn’t coming 7th any more!  (turns out he’d missed a gear and left the track and lost 10 places - bugger!). 
Back in to hear the tales from Gos of the day and then everybody else left and we went over to watch the presentations for a bit before rolling into Goulburn to hit the bottle shop and enjoying a couple of Jimmies and annoying fucktard BMW drivers on the way home :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment