Wednesday 25 July 2007

Sydney and Micky's Accident


I’m a bit late posting the last weekend’s adventures….
Well last weekend I went up to Sydney to check out a couple of the KSRC boys’ style as they whizzed around Eastern Creek.  Had a good ride up, actually had company for the ride up for a change… but ran out of daylight by the time we hit Goulburn. 
Sunday was spent out at the creek… then my phone rang, James to tell me that Micky had been in an accident with a truck… I just couldn’t take it in at first wasn’t even sure if he was alive or what.  I finally got the courage to ask, Micky was in Westmead Hospital.  I wasn’t too sure whether I’d be welcome there turning up on a bike or what, but the Pit Manager had her laptop with her so a quick check on Netrider showed that the family was very pleased to see all the support from the biking community so after the boys last race got canned I set off for Westmead.  Broke my heart to see Micky there in the hospital bed… but I just can’t believe how good spirits he was in (maybe the morphine was helping! LOL)  He’s such a trooper.  I know that if anyone can get through this and out the other end living pretty much the same life as before, he can.  Got a text message from him today which was good.  Going back to see him next Friday.
After I saw Micky I couldn’t bring myself to get on the bike straight away… I ended up sitting on a bench next to my bike and just crying for about half an hour… I was supposed to go back to Canberra but decided it would be better to stay another night, so went back to stay with the KSRC crew.
Nikos had decided to break his trip back to Melbourne up, do it over two days, so we decided to make it a good ride home.  Farewelled the others then did the old road, the nasho, macquarie pass then backroads to Goulburn… was getting pretty dark by then, so freeway from Goulburn back to Canberra. 
So that was the weekend…
Off to Young with the girls for an Xmas in July this weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment